Tuesday, November 8, 2011

PE Cycle 2: Goals and Strategies



Pronunciation Goals:

1.     Stop being timid with pitch and intonation (fluctuate!)
2.     Continue improving vowel length (open mouth more, don’t swallow sounds), particularly when speaking fast
3.     Notice and incorporate pitch/intonation to connote meaning (subtleties of expression/connotation)

Strategies:

1.     Continue calling my father at least once a week and having a conversation in Japanese. Note his accent and subtleties of intonation/expression. Compare with that of my teachers/other native speakers.  Make an attempt to not be timid with pitch while talking to my dad on the phone.
2.     ACTUALLY DO SHADOWING EXERCISES! I won’t ever know how I’m doing if I don’t listen to myself speak.
3.     Since attending the Japanese language table is usually not possible because of my various rehearsal schedules, I will attempt to go whenever possible and talk to my father/listen to an NHK podcast in lieu.  I will listen to at least two NHK podcasts a week. One of these listenings I will do in my room so I can practice imitating Japanese out loud.
4.     I will continue listening to and downloading Japanese songs!
5.     I will not only post this above my desk, but I will HIGHLIGHT the important steps so that I actually read this and follow through with my strategies. 


Here's to being more diligent this cycle! 

がんばります!

No comments:

Post a Comment